Evolved By Nature
The Evolved By Nature Textiles Innovation and Commercial team is seeking a highly motivated Leather Technician reporting to the Business Manager in Thailand, to roll out and customize Activated Silk™ chemistries with tannery partners in Thailand locations. This role’s responsibilities will include applying knowledge of leather technology to successfully incorporate Activated Silk™ chemistries into leather processing.
• Actively participates in tannery experiments - summarizes tannery visits and test results
• Works closely with Evolved by Nature R&D team
• Conduct and rapidly execute design of experiments with customers in their tannery
• Real-time assessment of trial results to recommend changes or opportunities to optimize in the tannery environment (i.e., formula variations, Activated Silk™ concentrations, etc.)
• Provide detailed feedback to the Evolved by Nature teams
• Build and maintain relationships with tanneries
• Effectively communicate internally and externally with team members, management, and tannery partners
• Report and escalate issues to management as needed
• 2-year degree in leather technology or relevant field
• 10+ years of experience in the leather industry including leather processing, leather technology or innovation, and use of tannery equipment
• Based in Thailand and willing to travel internationally
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detailed oriented
• Proficient in Thai. English is preferred
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to reprioritize quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
· Able to obtain up to date Covid-19 vaccination status per the current CDC guidelines (full vaccination dose and booster) prior to employment start day.
Evolved By Nature is a new type of biotech company creating new molecules for a healthier future. With a belief that the next generation of products will advance the health of people and planet, we're using our sustainable molecule platform, Activated Silk™ technology, to create biomolecules, sustainable chemicals and natural ingredients that will increase the performance and decrease the environmental impact of everything from therapeutics to soap, to sneakers.