Sales Director, North America, Personal Care Ingredients (Natural Ingredients)
Evolved By Nature
Due to the company’s expansive portfolio growth, the Evolved By Nature Commercial team is seeking a North America Sales Director for the Natural Ingredients Business Unit, to seek, win and manage commercial opportunities with distributors, CMOs and brands. The successful candidate will be able to manage complex client relationships in the Beauty and Personal Care markets and build a deep understanding of the market structure and decision making at all levels. He/she will have a natural ability to foster genuine relationships while maintaining an organized understanding of the activities at multiple customers, from leads to active projects to existing recurring sales. The Sales Director will report to the Global Vice President, Commercial, and will work closely with the senior management, product marketing, customer service and R&D application teams. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment of a high-growth company. They will also be able to operate independently and make sound judgements and decisions with the support of Commercial and Marketing management. Most importantly the successful candidate will have a passion for the mission of the company and will be able to communicate and “sell” the vision and product externally.
· Management of all commercial aspects of the Natural Ingredients Business Unit in the North American region, including day-to-day support to channel partners, brands, CMOs and other existing or prospect customers
· Meet or exceed sales targets, while managing a thorough sales pipeline and an accurate rolling forecast. Timely and efficient reporting of industry intelligence to enable the company’s rapid growth and successful market positioning
· Build a regional commercial team, as needed, to enable short- and long-term goals. Lead and motivate direct reports (future state), peers and other stakeholders internally and externally through genuine representation of Evolved By Nature’s core values
· Coordinate cross-functional interactions with customers and prospects
· Attend trade shows, conferences, and other industry-related events to help strengthen existing client relationships, to develop new relationships, to remain current on industry dynamics and competitive offerings, and to promote company products
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field
· 10+ years of experience and demonstrated growth in B2B customer engagement, in the Beauty and Personal Care space
Skills & Abilities:
· Very comfortable in front of customers and understands the importance of marketing in supporting the commercial function
· Creative - can brainstorm with clients on product development ideas and ways to showcase their finished goods and Evolved By Nature’s ingredients for maximum impact. Very comfortable with science and product development conversations and can sell the features and benefits of specialty ingredients
· An excellent listener, who can understand the client’s needs as well as Evolved By Nature’s business needs
· Can think strategically when working with marketing to plan route-to-market strategy, product claims and communication
· An excellent networker
· Strong communicator who can work seamlessly with Evolved By Nature Sales, Marketing, and Technology teams
· The role will require domestic travel in North America and occasional international travel to connect with global customers and industry events. This is a customer facing role and the majority of the time will be spent in front of customers and industry partners
· Location: Boston area is preferred, and Personal Care Industry hubs (New Jersey/New York, Los Angeles) are also accepted
- Able to obtain up to date Covid-19 vaccination status per the current CDC guidelines (full vaccination dose and booster) prior to employment start day.
Evolved By Nature is a new type of biotech company creating new molecules for a healthier future. With a belief that the next generation of products will advance the health of people and planet, we're using our sustainable molecule platform, Activated Silk™ technology, to create biomolecules, sustainable chemicals and natural ingredients that will increase the performance and decrease the environmental impact of everything from therapeutics to soap, to sneakers.