Director, Polymer Sciences, Applications R&D
Evolved By Nature
The Evolved By Nature Applications team is seeking an R&D Director, Polymer Sciences to take responsibility for developing innovative leather finishing chemistry with a focus on using green sustainable chemistries. The successful candidate will lead a team that supports development of new products, driving scientific strategy, leading technical discussions and executing research and development priorities.
- Provide technical leadership that influences and sets company direction for new product developments and roadmap for Sustainable Chemical team.
- Work on identifying and leverage novel peptide candidates from The Molecule Library R&D team for leather finishing applications.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of scientists and technicians to achieve the goal of advancing better and new technology/products.
- Drive new chemistries/discoveries that aligns with Evolved By Nature’’s sustainable mission and contribute to publications and patents.
- Guide the process of selecting, prioritizing and accelerating the development of the organization’s research.
- Work effectively with other department leaders to drive company strategy and initiatives.
- Plan laboratory experimental strategies to confirm commercial feasibility of processes and techniques.
- Acts as key scientific liaison with other functions such as Regulatory, Commercial and Operations, etc. to ensure performance and achieve all design requirements for the target products.
- Requires PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, or related fields and at least 8 year of industrial experience
- Alternatively, Master’s in Chemistry, Materials Science, or related fields with at least 10 years of industrial experience
- Established track record of accomplishments in Materials Science/Chemistry
- Demonstrated ability developing R&D strategies and technical teams
- Track record for working well in a team setting while in a fast-moving and dynamic work environment
- Relevant technical experience and knowledge in the areas of biomaterials, thin films, and green chemistry
- Project planning and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to obtain up to date Covid-19 vaccination status per the current CDC guidelines (full vaccination dose and booster) prior to employment start day.
Evolved By Nature is a new type of biotech company creating new molecules for a healthier future. With a belief that the next generation of products will advance the health of people and planet, we're using our sustainable molecule platform, Activated Silk™ technology, to create biomolecules, sustainable chemicals and natural ingredients that will increase the performance and decrease the environmental impact of everything from therapeutics to soap, to sneakers.