Senior Site Reliability Engineer (REMOTE)
Cyware is a venture-backed organization currently in hyper-growth mode. While Cyware is headquartered in New York City, all of our US based positions are located 100% remote. The firm was founded by innovative practitioners to solve the massive-scale cybersecurity challenges they saw daily while working for leading global banks and technology organizations.
Cyware is disrupting the cybersecurity operations market with innovation that gives the firm claim to being the far-and-away ONLY company capable of delivering technology to build cyber fusion centers for customers in large enterprises and the mid-market.
Your next opportunity starts here!
More on Cyware: (www.cyware.com)
Built on innovation designed by SecOps practitioners and cybersecurity leaders, Cyware offers multiple technologies within its next-generation platform, including advanced threat intelligence solutions (TIP) for large and small security teams, vendor-agnostic security automation (SOAR), and security case management. As a result, organizations are able to increase speed and accuracy while reducing costs and analyst burnout. Cyware's Virtual Cyber Fusion solutions make secure collaboration, information sharing, and enhanced threat visibility a reality for enterprises, sharing communities (ISAC/ISAO), MSSPs, and government agencies of all sizes and needs.
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other Cyware production systems running smoothly. SREs are a blend of pragmatic operators and software craftspeople that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our Production operating environments.
SREs specialize in cloud systems (application runtimes, operating systems, storage subsystems, networking, etc.) while implementing best practices for availability, reliability, and scalability, with interests in eliminating toil via automation.
The SRE team's experience feeds back into other Engineering groups within the company, as well as to Cyware customers running self-managed installations.
Why We’re Hiring
As a Cyware SRE, your mission is to protect, provide for, and progress the software and systems of our Production environments with an ever watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance and capacity. Continuous improvement, automation, and observability will be the principles you employ to accomplish your mission.
Come join an exciting cybersecurity product startup!
What You’ll Do
- Be on an on-call rotation to respond to incidents that impact availability and drive the efforts to provide service restoration within SLAs.
- Conduct neutral postmortems of issues and events to identify Root Cause.
- Use your on-call shift schedule to prevent incidents from ever happening. Be proactive in monitoring and taking timely actions.
- Lead Production data-driven operations to define and measure: Error Budgets, SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs.
- Run our infrastructure with tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, and Lambdas.
- Build monitoring capabilities that alerts on symptoms and outages, ensuring Cyware’s proactive posture.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Improve operational processes (such as deployments and upgrades) to make them as seamless as possible.
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure that enables Cywares’ scaling to support thousands of customer hosted environments.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Plan the growth of Cyware infrastructure.
- Ability to work across time zones to collaborate and develop solutions is a requirement.
- Maintain the security, integrity, and stability of the Production environment by performing vulnerability management tasks, compliance monitoring, configuration drift management, and conducting quarterly DR exercises.
Who You Are
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 4 to 7 Years of total experience as a site reliability engineer
- Cloud: AWS/Azure/GCP
- Linux: Solid understanding of Linux Systems, sed/awk/grep/egrep, VI/VIM/Emacs, netstat, lsof, strace, ps/top/atop/dstat, grub boot config & systems rescue, fstab/disk labels, ext3/ext4, IPtables, sysstat (sar/vmstat/iostat etc), run-levels & startup scripts, sudo/chroot
- Scripting: Bash/Python
- Development Languages and Frameworks: Python/Django, Vue, React, Go Lang
- Fundamentals: Basic DNS & Networking, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Application Protocols: SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, IMAP, POP.
- Good to have Applications: Database Systems Fundamentals (MySQL/Postgres), Redis, Nginx/Apache , Supervisorctl
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Yum, RPM, GIT, Grafana, Prometheus, New Relic, ELK, Docker, Jenkins
- Certifications: RHCSA/RHCE/AWS (SysOps).
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
You’ll love working at Cyware because:
- We value balance. We are committed to providing an environment in which you can balance great work with a great life. You’ll have a competitive PTO structure and holidays covered.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and reimbursements for your home office.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…
How to Apply
Apply right here. You've found the application!
EEO Statement: Cyware is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.