Location: Remote First in Europe (GMT+/-2) with WeWork access and London HQ
Salary: £80-100k + stock options + bonus
Everyday an unsuspecting colleague, friend, or family member is targeted by criminals. In the United Kingdom, 4.6 million people are affected by fraud annually, and around 700,000 will suffer profoundly as a result. Globally, the problem is even worse.
CybSafe is a venture-backed startup working to prevent people falling victim to cyber incidents for organisations of all sizes.
We're on a mission to revolutionise the way society addresses the human aspect of cyber security. We believe security awareness shouldn't be a tick in the box exercise, and organisations of all sizes should benefit from data science and behaviour change theory.
We're building an intelligent behavioural security platform to combat the rise of sophisticated scams, fraud, and malicious hacking. We're using the power of science, data and behaviour change theory to create a safer and better digital world for everyone.
We're a tribe of risk-takers, game-changers, free-thinkers and doers. And we're passionate about the impact we have on our planet through our software and our voices.
Passion. Impact. Transparency. Autonomy. Purpose. Diversity. Belonging. If these resonate with you, come join us and make a difference.
You'll be mostly involved with managing engineering squads who are developing our product, rapidly iterating and delivering new features as well as contributing to our internal tooling. As part of the Software Engineering team, you will work closely with engineers, product team, and peers.
This is a remote role for people who live in Europe (GMT+/-2), with membership to WeWork All Access
Read more about what it's like at CybSafe Engineering here: https://bit.ly/3OoaghP
Our stack: https://stackshare.io/cybsafe-ltd/cybsafe
What you'll be doing
- Helping engineering teams deliver on our ambitious goals to support the growth at CybSafe
- Shaping our people with 1:1s, career planning, coaching & promotions
- Creating an environment and developing effective processes that promote both autonomy and accountability
- Hiring & maintaining a happy, recognised world-class product engineering team
- Continuing to evolve our development processes - autonomy & automation is a must
- Opportunities to be an IC in hackdays or as the need arises, steering technology strategy & roadmap
- Obsessing over quality & performance
- Promoting CybSafe engineering through internal & external activities
Our ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related fields; or equivalent experience in software development
- A successful candidate for the role will need to have a strong intellectual curiosity, be able to drive change into a growing and maturing engineering team, and challenge their teams to always be improving.
- Constantly driving and searching for continuous improvement/best practice in a lean, asynchronous and distributed environment. Our ideal candidate will have experience in high growth technology lead organisations.
- Commitment to self growth & care
- Experience managing mentoring and coaching other engineers (see our framework)
Experience that would be a bonus
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, distributed system design, and how to take software to production
- Experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs
- Good experience in designing data models for relational databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stock option plan
- Discretionary bonus
- Self development and training budget
- Laptop with home setup budget
- Work from anywhere & WeWork All Access
- Mental health budget
- Annual gatherings
We also have mental health days and company rest days! Check out our ever-growing list of perks here: https://bit.ly/3mUdy0Y
Diversity & Inclusion
We are a diverse tribe - read our thoughts on it here: https://bit.ly/3Bak63M
We'd be super grateful if you were to fill in our survey, it helps our data driven efforts: https://cybsafeadmin.typeform.com/to/n8DnrVEN
Applying for roles at CybSafe
Read about what to expect from our process here: https://bit.ly/3RQrZ4d