Senior Engineering Manager (REMOTE)
Cyware is a venture-backed organization currently in hyper-growth mode. All of our US based positions are located 100% remote. The firm was founded by innovative practitioners to solve the massive-scale cybersecurity challenges they saw daily while working for leading global banks and technology organizations.
Cyware is disrupting the cybersecurity operations market with innovation that gives the firm claim to being the far-and-away ONLY company capable of delivering technology to build cyber fusion centers for customers in large enterprises and the mid-market.
Your next opportunity starts here!!
More on Cyware: (www.cyware.com)
Built on innovation designed by SecOps practitioners and cybersecurity leaders, Cyware offers multiple technologies within its next-generation platform, including advanced threat intelligence solutions (TIP) for large and small security teams, vendor-agnostic security automation (SOAR), and security case management. As a result, organizations are able to increase speed and accuracy while reducing costs and analyst burnout. Cyware's Virtual Cyber Fusion solutions make secure collaboration, information sharing, and enhanced threat visibility a reality for enterprises, sharing communities (ISAC/ISAO), MSSPs, and government agencies of all sizes and needs.
- You can lead on strategic and tactical initiatives
- You are hungry, inquisitive, proactive, energetic, and driven
- You have a growth mindset and are committed to delivering results
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Why We Are Hiring:
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager, who is a strong engineering leader with the ability to lead a group of highly ambitious and high-performing engineers to achieve amazing outcomes for the product & B2B business. As a Senior Engineer Manager, you are required to drive strong collaboration between the product engineers and business leaders helping critical decision making and solution delivery with a singular focus of - "getting things done" - in the best way possible.
Come join an exciting cybersecurity product startup!
What You Will Do:
- Create Roadmap and Vision - Collaborate closely with product management to drive the product and technology roadmap to help accelerate Cyware member growth, engagement, and monetization efforts.
- Lead the engineering team in architecture design of large-scale products.
- Lead overall software development life cycle.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Create a state-of-the-art scalable technology platform.
- Adopt a first principle thinking approach to get to the engineering solutions.
- Work closely with the Product Team and achieve metrics.
- Structured mentoring, enhancing, and building the engineering team.
- Work hands-on with engineers and architects to build the best technical design and solutions.
- Contribute substantially to innovation and overcome technology limitations to deliver best in the class products.
- Determine the right technology choices (upgrade decisions, hosting decisions) to best deliver business value, keeping in mind the availability, scalability, and reliability of the solution.
- Build and manage a team of high-caliber engineers and inform on resource allocation strategy.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, build and deployment and be accountable by working with business owners for meeting delivery dates.
- Guide product team(s) as appropriate, manage cross-product technical dependencies, and drive resolutions to conflicts or remove barriers for the product team(s).
Who You Are
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Bachelors in Technology/Engineering from premier universities.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in enterprise technology development with experience as an engineering manager in scaled startups.
- Must be currently with a product / software company.
- Experience in building and leading diverse engineering teams and working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Python/Django, Mysql/Postgres, Elastic DB, Kafka, Redis, Nginx, Vue.js, Performance automation, Devsecops/DevOps, Engineering Management, and Large scale Database problems.
- Good people management skills of motivating, inspiring, and giving feedback to engineering team members.
- Ability to think ahead and see what needs to be done.
- Hands-on with technology and can impart knowledge to engineering problems.
- Ability to scale up and adapt to a highly challenging and competitive environment.
- Extensive technical knowledge and background, plus additional role-specific technical skills as required.
- Must have hands-on experience as a developer in product architecture designing in a product company.
- Team-oriented, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Good knowledge of open source frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices & cloud technologies
- Strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills.
- Preferred experience working with Mac computers
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
You’ll love working at Cyware because
- We value balance. We are committed to providing an environment in which you can balance great work with a great life. You’ll have a competitive PTO structure and holidays covered.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and reimbursements for your home office.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…
How to Apply
Apply right here. You've found the application!
EEO Statement: Cyware is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.